IB20 Newsflash No5 29 May 2018
IB19 Newsflash No4 25 April 2018
IB18 Stateful Stream Processing 05 November 2017
IB17 DockerConEU Newsflash 17 October 2017
Christian attends the DockerConEU in Copenhagen and reports back what is going on over there and what is the latest.
- At the end of the General Session today Solomon announced that Kubernetes is becoming an additional orchestrator, alongside SWARM.
- Reason being that Kubernetes became the go-to orchestrator and Docker wants to provide their Users with a choice.
- By doing so, the transition from single-engine to SWARM to Kubernetes is seamless and can be done with a simple docker-compose file.
- Subsequent version of docker-compose will include more and more control over kubernetes from the docker-compose file.
- Docker will ship a vanilla K8s, no wrapper or special flavor.
- the docker-cli and the kube-cli can be used interchangeably, which makes it awesome for Ops and Dev to colleborate.
- UCP will be a single pane of glas, RBAC will be transparent
DockerConEU in General
- LinuxKit is maturing more and more. It is the foundation of all the Docker Desktop offerings.
- Collaboration is nice to see. Microsoft, Google and Docker work together; which I would not have expecting with a conservative head on.
- Community engagement programs at DockerCon are a blast, DockerPals, Hands-on-labs, Hallway Tracks, pretty nice atmosphere.
- Talked to some HPC guys about the need to push for HPC SIG to push MPI forward.
After the general session I will host a breakout session showcasing community projects, before I head back to Berlin in the evening.
OutroDownload .mp3 (33.2M)